Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Good cop, Bad cop, Smart ass kid.

My brother moved out of home when I was about 16 and rented a flat with a mutual friend of ours behind the local shopping centre, this was great for me as they had discovered the joys of home brew and many a day and night was spent sampling the different beers. One time my brother had tried to make home made alcholic Ginger Beer, he had all the right gear and made a batch ready for capping. We started capping them without realising that the glass bottles were screw tops and all we had were the type that needed a bottle opener for, we capped them all and about three months later decided to try our brew. What we found out was that it needs a fair bit of pressure to get the lids on and this had compressed and broken all the bottle tops. We spent the next couple of hours drinking the ginger beer through gritted teeth and spitting out a fair bit of glass.

I used to ride my push bike from our house to theirs on the way to school to get changed and spend the day lounging around their house and causing as much trouble as possible. On my way their one day I was stopped by two local Police officers as they thought I was riding the bike without a helmet, I started telling them that I wasn't riding but merely pushing the bike. The Senior Constable was getting rather upset that this 16 year old kid was arguing with them and started making threats while the young Constable was trying to tell him to calm down.

As a last ditch effort to find something wrong with the bike to justify stopping me the Senior Conny looked my bike up and down and asked why my bike had Fuckem written on it, I explained to him that it was actually Fulcrum and because of the writing it just looks that way. The good cop got down and had a closer look and came up with a smile and explained to the Senior that it does actually say Fulcrum, this wasn't good enough for the Senior and he decided to do a street check on me to make sure that I wasn't a trouble maker.

He asked me for my address and date of birth and where I was going etc. etc. He then asked me if I had ever been in trouble with the Police before, at that point I had had enough and replied "why, yes I have officer", he asked me what for and i looked him dead in the eye and stated "I have been in trouble for not cleaning my room, answering back, not taking out the rubbish and for bad grades at school." They both looked at me with a stunned expression until I explained that my father was a Police officer, The young Conny started pissing him self laughing while the Senior just glared at me before yelling at me to 'Piss of now before I charge you with Obstruct Police, You should know better than be a smart ass".

About two years later my brother wanted to join the Army so he asked dad to do a background check on him to make sure he didn't have any reason to be worried. My father typed in our last name into the police computer and only one name showed up, Mine. It turns out that this Senior Constable had been that irate that he had put in an occurrence about me in the hopes that one day it would show a pattern of behaviour. Some People take themselves just a tad too seriously

0 comments:

Post a Comment